Thursday, June 17, 2010

Favorite Products

Hello everyone, so I wanted to share with you some of my favorite things:




Kombucha is great for digestion as it has live enzymes and probiotics. My favorites are the Cranberry & Botanic No.7. Be careful when picking them because some have more sugar than others.

As far as protein powders are concerned, I have tried so many different kinds. I use to use Soy protein powder exclusively, but due to all the controversy on soy, I have decided to limit the amount of soy in my diet. If you are not allergic to soy then there is nothing wrong with having it in moderation, as long has you make sure you buy Non-GMO, organic soy. This is because soy, along with corn, are one of the most genetically modified crops. Currently, I stick with Brown Rice Proteins like Rainbow Light's, Jay Robb's and Sunwarrior. I recently bought Garden of Life's Raw Protein which is a raw, sprouted Brown rice blend.





Ingredients: Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein, Organic Amaranth Sprout, Organic Quinoa Sprout, Organic Millet Sprout, Organic Buckwheat Sprout, Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprout, Organic Kidney Bean Sprout, Organic Lentil Sprout, Organic Adzuki Bean Sprout, Organic Flax Seed Sprout, Organic Sunflower Seed Sprout, Organic Pumpkin Seed Sprout, Organic Chia Seed Sprout, Organic Sesame Seed Sprout.
How awesome is that?! Super clean, great amino acid profile and tastes similar to Sunwarrior protein, except is it a little bit more mild.
My next favorite thing of the moment is Amazing Grass' Green Superfood in the chocolate flavor.





Ingredients:

AMAZING GRASS GREEN FOOD BLEND ORGANIC WHEAT GRASS, ORGANIC BARLEY GRASS, ORGANIC ALFALFA, ORGANIC SPIRULINA, ORGANIC SPINACH, CHLORELLA (CRACKED CELL-WALL), ORGANIC BROCCOLI
3252 Mg
CHOCOLATE BLEND (ORGANIC DUTCH COCOA, REDWOOD COCOA, ORGANIC CACAO, NATURAL CHOCOLATE FLAVORING
3068 Mg
ANTIOXIDANT BLEND (ORGANIC ACAI, ORGANIC MACA, ORGANIC CARROT, ORGANIC BEET, RASPBERRY, ROSE HIPS, PINEAPPLE, GREEN TEA, ACEROLA CHERRY)
295 Mg
EFA FIBER BLEND (ORGANIC FLAX SEED POWDER, APPLE PECTIN POWDER)
833 Mg
DIGESTIVE ENZYME & ACTIVE CULTURE PRE & PROBIOTIC (F.O.S (FROM CHICORY ROOT), L. ACIDOPHILUS, ALPHA AND BETA AMYLASE, PROTEASE, LIPASE, LACTASE, CELLULASE)
440 Mg
ENERGIZING HERB BLEND (SIBERIAN ELEUTHERO ROOT, PEPPERMINT)


I have tried my other greens powders and while I don't think this one has as many superfoods as others, I do think it is the best tasting and one of the most reasonably priced.

That's it for now, Enjoy your weekends!!

2 comments:

  1. Tina!!!! hello beautiful!!!

    I love the sunwarrior chocolate flavor! It has been yummy in my oats and smoothies!! I am going to try vanilla as well!

    I LOVE Kombucha! It really is so good, I know some people dont like it, its not for everyones taste buds, lol!

    My fave flavors are citrus, gingerade, and guava goddess!!!!!!!!!

    I also love th chocolate amazing grass! Its so yum!!!!!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEEEEEE me some Kombucha! I enjoy the Giner-ade and the multi-green flavors...I'll have to try the other flavors soon :D

    ReplyDelete