Monday, August 16, 2010

Cosmetic & Beauty Products

It is just as important to put clean, chemical-free products on your skin as it is to eat clean foods. Your skin is your largest organ and all the lotions, perfumes, cosmetics, etc that we put on our skin gets absorbed and wind up in our bodies.

When purchasing products look for ones that do not contain the following:
-Parabens
-Diethanolamine (DEA), Triethanolamine (TEA)
-Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea
-Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate
-Petrolatum
-Propylene Glycol
-PVP/VA Copolymer
-Stearalkonium Chloride
-Synthetic Colors or Fragrances

Here are some of my favorite natural beauty products:
Zuzu Luxe Powder Foundation by Gabriel Cosmestics


Gabriel products are made from 100% natural ingredients. No synthetic chemicals or animal by-products are utilized, and no testing is ever done on animals.


Favorite Eye Shadows: Tarte Eye Palate
Tarte Products are:
formulated without mineral oil & petrolatum
formulated without parabens
formulated without phthalates
cruelty free
formulated without sodium lauryl sulfate
formulated without synthetic dye
formulated without synthetic fragrance


Favorite Fragrance: Pacifica [Lotus Garden scent]

Pacifica guarantees that their products contain no parabens, animal testing, animal ingredients or artificial colors. 100% VEGAN and Gluten-free.



Favorite Eye Liner : Lavera Kohl Eye Pencil


Favorite Self Tanner: Lavera Glow & Go


Lavera and LAVERÉ products are:

•Designed for sensitive skin
•Made with pure, organic plant oils, herb and flower extracts
•Free from parabens, SLS and synthetic preservatives
•Free from fragrances, emulsifiers and petroleum based ingredients
•Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, GMO Free


I'll admit it, I use to go tanning. It was my one vice. Some people can't give up their coffee, well I couldn't give up my tanning..That was until about 5 or 6 months ago when I finally decided to save my skin from future damage, as well as save my money! I definitely like tanned skin better, so with Lavera I can get some color without the consequences! I love this stuff!


Favorite Mascara: Korres Provitamin B5 & Rice Bran Mascara



Favorite Blush: Korres

Korres cosmetics are formulated without:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Phthalates

Their Pomegranate makeup removing wipes are great too!

Ever since I found such great all natural beauty products I won't ever go back to putting chemicals on my skin!

Also, I went and saw Eat, Pray, Love and it was adorable! Such a cute girly movie, totally worth seeing. I especially loved getting to see Italy, India and Bali. It makes me want to travel!! I have already been to Italy but would love to go back! I am also dying to go to Spain.

Where are some of the places you MUST travel to?

Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment