Monday, September 20, 2010

Healthy versions of childhood favorites

Hello loves,

I hope everyone is enjoying the change of seasons! I definitely am! I have a wedding this weekend and I have been shopping like a mad woman to find a dress to wear to it. Not that I am complaining, I will use any excuse to go shopping! Well I finally found a dress, now I need shoes and a bag, moreee shopping! lol I am very bad with posting pictures, but I will definitely post some after the wedding!

Question: Did anyone ever eat an Eggo waffle topped with ice cream and maple syrup? If you haven't you are missing out! I definitely had this treat when I was little, and I recently thought of it and had to healthify it. So here it is:

Healthy toaster waffles (Van's and Nature's path makes pretty clean ones)
Banana Softserve (Blend frozen bananas with just a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a splash of vanilla extract & cinnamon)
Top with all-natural maple syrup.

It tastes just like my childhood favorite (or just enough like it to satisfy me). Not something I would eat everyday, but it is a yummy treat!

What are some of your favorite childhood foods/treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment