Monday, November 22, 2010

What does Healthy mean?

There are many ways to define what it means to be healthy, but when I came across this quote, it literally took the words right out of my mouth!

"The state of our health reflects the food we eat, the exercise we take, the water we drink, the air we breathe and the quality of our housing and sanitation. I believe it also extends to our social needs and circumstances—the need to belong to a community, the need for meaningful work and daily purpose. The need in our lives for dignity and kindness, for self-respect, for hope, and, about all, for harmony and, dare I say it, beauty. It encompasses the power of art, the healing properties of loving human relationships and the role of the human spirit. Human health is a sum of all these parts."-- Prince Charles

As a Health Coach, I find it effective to focus on all of the different aspects of health. With one piece missing, the puzzle is incomplete. I work on the following areas with my clients: Career, Finances, Physical Activity, Food/Eating Habits, Home/Work Environment, Relationships, Social Life, Spirituality, Self-Image; with the biggest emphasis on Food/Eating Habits, Activity and Stress management. I find that when all these areas are in balance, good health is the result!

Exciting news! I am hosting a TeleClass next month that discusses how to stay Healthy over the Holidays. Many people find it very difficult to maintain healthy eating habits with all the holiday parties, treats, etc. So I am going to give you all my top tricks and tools to help you avoid holiday weight gain and stay balanced! This is a topic I get asked about all the time, so I decided to host this teleclass so everyone can learn from the comfort of their homes! I will post the information for the Teleclass this week!

Also, I am going food shopping for Thanksgiving today (the supermarket will be a mad house, wish me luck!), I plan to post my Healthy Thanksgiving Menu and recipes here so you guys can see what I'm cooking and get ideas!

What does health mean to you?
Ask the Health Coach: What is a topic you would love to learn more about?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully put quote! Health means everything to me! I just wrote a post about what it means to have optimal health! Such similar concepts! http://thehealthyapron.com

    ReplyDelete