Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goals for 2011

Once all the excitement of the holidays are over many people fall into a rut, and how do they help themselves get out of this rut? With a New Year's Resolution of course!


Two things to keep in mind when writing goals for the new year:
  • Good health is all-encompassing. It's about mind, body and spirit.
  • Diets are not an effective method to loose weight and keep it off.

The results from dieting are usually temporary. However, positive changes to your lifestyle will allow you to get the long-term results you want. Therefore, "Go on a diet to lose 10 pounds," should not be on any one's New Year's resolutions list. Instead try to add goals like:

  • "Incorporate more vegetables, fruits and whole grains into my diet" (thus, leaving less room for unhealthier foods)
  • "Sweat/Get my heart rate up everyday" (try to make it something you enjoy!)

By being consistent, these small changes to your lifestyle will turn into healthy habits.

My goals for 2011:

Fitness Goals:
-I have a very small frame and have been focusing on weight training to put on muscle. So in the new year I will continue my current workout routine as well as work harder to increase my weights. To accomplish this goal consistency is key.

Health Goals:
-I am happy with my plant based diet and want to continue to eat intuitively by listening to my body's cues. The more one listens to their body, the more you will learn what does and does not work for you.

Well-being:
-Meditate more + Stay present. I have a type A personality so meditation is an important tool to keep me grounded.
-Utilize positive affirmations anytime a negative thought pops into my head.

Professional/Career:
-Continue to grow my health coaching business, thus continuing to help others reach their health and wellness goals.


What are your goals for 2011?

Do you find New Years Resolutions to be a waste of time, or do you think they help set the tone for the year?

xoxo Tina

7 comments:

  1. i really hope ur health coaching business does really well in 2011. i honestly believe you found the exact line of work that meshes so well with who you are- thats fantastic!

    hmm 2011 resolutions- patience, health and lots of good company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,
    Good luck growing your health coaching business---I'm a wellness coach (which I'm sure is pretty much the same thing!), and I've found a lot of enjoyment in a couple small corporate accounts...a few hours a week to chat with employees in a small company, and you can help them make big changes! Do you do corporate coaching and/or individual?
    Happy New Year!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa, thanks for stopping by! I agree with you, the work is very meaningful! I am doing individual coaching for now, but we will see what the world has in store for me. Happy new year to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great goals girl!! whooo! Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog:) Hope you had a great night last night-can't wait to see whats in store for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl! where in ny are you from because if you went to hs with the girl in my picture then you went to hs with me! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go back and forth on the resultion thing all the time - sometimes I think they are a waste of time and other times I totally believe in them!

    Love your goals...so jealous you live in NYC!

    ReplyDelete