Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

How was every one's Christmas? Was Santa good to you?


Christmas Eve day was spent in the kitchen baking while listening to Christmas music on Pandora. I made 4 different desserts.


Peppermint Bark:






Chocolate Chip Cookies:



Sugar Cookies:

As well as Heart Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.


I put these goodies in adorable holiday tins and delivered them as gifts


We spent Christmas Eve with my boyfriend's family. Since I knew the vegan options would be limited I made a vegan Spinach-Artichoke Dip and brought it along with baby carrots and whole grain crackers.


Don't let the melted "cheese" fool you, it's vegan Daiya cheese, but I didn't tell anyone else that ;)
It would be a sin for me to walk into a full-blooded Italian household with "fake" mozzarella cheese!

Along with the dip I brought a tray filled with the cookies I made. Everyone loved them! Unbeknownst to anyone, all the cookies were vegan. The peppermint bark however was not to do milk in the white chocolate. Dip, carrots, crackers and a few cookies satisfied my hunger! I am very lucky that my boyfriend's family is so fun and easy to get along with. We had a great time!

Christmas morning was spent opening gifts at 5am because my boyfriend was so excited he couldn't wait. Trust me I was not happy about the fact that my first thoughts on Christmas morning was to shove a sock in his mouth and duct tape it closed. But I figured, it's Christmas so I reluctantly woke up and opened gifts. Luckily we had someone to make me laugh and help me wake up:




Santa was very good to me!


A new digital camera which was desperately needed! You can tell by the terrible quality of the pictures I have been posting!


After opening gifts my boyfriend and I attended church with his grandparents. When we came back home it was time for my favorite Christmas movie!




After the movie it was time to start cooking! I made stuffed shells, rosemary roasted potatoes, balsamic collard greens, whipped sweet potatoes and salad. Since I do not eat dairy I made a small separate tray of stuffed shells for me. Mine had a vegan tofu ricotta filling and came out delicious! I had 2 stuffed shells along with the greens and some sweet potatoes. The evening was spent with talking and playing games with my family. It was a great time and I woke up this morning feeling to blessed and grateful for everything and every one I have in my life.



Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!

What was the highlight of your weekend/holiday?

7 comments:

  1. I lvoe Daiya! It totally fools everyone into thinking its real cheese. Way to go on the vegan dish. I bet it was a hit! And you two are just gorgeous!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried that cheese..I am always scared of packaged vegan cheese...if a house full of Italians didn't know anything, then I DEF have to try it!!! Everything looks great, looks like you had a nice holiday, and that pic of you is gorgeous!

    Thanks for the sweet comments on my little girl--we are super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!! Glad you had such a wonderful day and that Santa was so good to you. Beautiful picture!! <3 Jen from shesafitchick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making tins of cookies and giving them out as gifts. I also do that every year.
    The highlight of my weekend was just spending time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made those same sugar cookies from TJ's and was so impressed with how tasty they were...yum yum!

    Fabulous pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cookies.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this peppermint bark widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about peppermint bark,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daiya is the best!!!!!!!!!

    I am so glad you had a great christmas! You and your man are the hottest couple ever! Tina you are so beautiful!!! Love the pic!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete