Friday, January 28, 2011

Breakfast Quinoa

Happy Friday!

So this morning I wanted to have something different for breakfast. I had an unopened box of Quinoa Flakes in my pantry that I have been meaning to try.

Quinoa is a gluten free grain and is also a complete protein.


The nutrition stats are similar to rolled oats.



Breakfast Quinoa:
  • 1/3 cup Quinoa Flakes cooked in 1 cup water
  • Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste
  • splash Vanilla extract
  • 1tsp Pure Maple Syrup
  • Cacao Nibs

It tastes like regular Quinoa, but with the texture of light and fluffy rolled oats. While I prefer my oats and oat bran, this was definitely a tasty breakfast and a nice change. I will definitely be making it again. Quinoa Flakes would also be great to use in a savory dish!


My Quinoa breakfast was paired with a cup of Yogi Tea advising me to speak the truth.


What is your all-time favorite breakfast?
What are your plans for the weekend?
xoxo Tina

8 comments:

  1. Girl my fave all time breakfast is OAT SMASH!!!!!! Hahaha! U prob knew that already ; )

    I saw that quinoa yum yesterday at the store! I was going to buy it, I think i will now! Thanks for reviewing it!

    Why didnt your man shovel your car out?! lol!

    Love ya and Happy weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I KNOW thats your fav breakfast!! I will try is soon and let you know how much I like it (because I'm sure I will!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite breakfast is my Funnfetti snack I made you can check it out in my recipes section! Its like dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been so hesistant to buy the quinoa flakes (due to $$) but glad to know you liked them!
    I love the buckwheat flakes too!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just typed the longest comment! And it disappeared - so frustrating. Anyway, the gist of it is that this cereal looks delicious and I definitely plan to look for it.

    I am heading back home tomorrow after a hectic weekend in Minnesota. I hope that your weekend has been far more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww i'm sorry your comment got deleted! Yes, you should definitely give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to try quinoa with my breakfast! I've only had it savory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I'm picky, but I've tried this many, many times over the years and I hate it! It has such a strong quinoa flavor, and there is no way to hide it. Although I don't like white quinoa at all, and only eat the red because the strong flavor is hardly present. My mom says however "white quinoa has no flavor at all" We are all so different.

    ReplyDelete