Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chocolate Superfood

While I consider any food that is natural and provided by nature to be a super food, some foods have been given dubbed to be "power foods" or "foods of the Gods". These super foods have high levels of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants as well as other health benefits.

Raw cacao is an example of a super food. It is a great source of antioxidants and fiber. It is very high in magnesium, iron and other essential minerals! Brands like Navitas Naturals sell raw cacao powder, nibs and other forms of this raw chocolate.



I especially love raw cacao nibs. I use them to top my oatmeal or add a tablespoon in my smoothies before blending for a little extra crunch. You can use the powder in place of regular cocoa powder.

Chocolate + health benefits is always a win in my book.

Have you tried raw cacao or any other "super foods?"

3 comments:

  1. I have the raw cacao powder! I love adding it in my oats or smoothies!

    How are you love?! Hope your week is great !xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love raw cacao powder! Haven't tried it in a smoothie before but I think I'll have to give it a go =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE raw cacao! In fact, I am out. Need to stock up!!! I love it in my banana soft serve, or in vegan chocolate chip muffins. Navitas makes great stuff!!

    Have a great night, love!

    ReplyDelete