Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Living Harvest Tempt Product Review

Happy Hump Day!! How is every one's week so far?

Today I wanted to share a product that I recently tried. As most of you know I say away from diary for several reasons. However ice cream was, and still is, one of my favorite treats. So how do I get my fix? With non-dairy ice creams! There are plenty to choose from, such as Soy, Rice, Coconut, Almond and Hemp-based ice creams. So for those who are lactose intolerant or avoid dairy, you don't have to miss out.

Hemp seeds are high in protein and are a great source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. You can add the hemp seeds to your salads, smoothies or oatmeal. They also make Hemp Protein powders, however, I find the taste to be too gritty for my taste.

My favorite hemp products are made by the brand Living Harvest. I've tried other brands of hemp milk before and they did not taste NEARLY as good as Living Harvest's Tempt Hemp Milk.



I also buy the Unsweetened Vanilla flavor when I find it. This is the only non-dairy milk that I actually enjoy drinking on its own.

I also tried Living Harvest's hemp milk based ice creams in two flavors:


Coffee Biscotti, which I of course picked the biscotti pieces out of.

And Mint Chip (I forgot to snap my own photo)



Both flavors are great! Hemp milk ice cream was way creamy than I anticipated. I think I even like it better than coconut milk ice cream! Choosing desserts like these are a much healthier way to indulge.

Have you tried any hemp products before?

What are some healthier ways that you satisfy your sweet tooth?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Tempt Hemp Milk! So good on cereal!

    As for satisfying my sweet tooth--I usually reach for a warm vitatop with almond butter on top. Chocolaty and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness that coffee biscotti ice cream needs to be in my belly - sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Girlie! I have used Tempt milk in baking....hemp is the bomb! I just never see hemp seeds anywhere (or they are super expensive). I have YET to try Tempt ice cream. Your photos look delish though! I have heard about them before on one frugal foodie. Between you and Alyssa on there raving about it, I will have to try! I love my coconut ice cream, but I heard this is ever better!

    Have a great weekend, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, I lied...lol..I have hemp seeds in my cabinet that I STILL haven't used. Any suggestions? I have some raw foods recipes for them, but can't seem to get any other ideas flowing...

    ReplyDelete