Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Munchies

Hello Friends! Can someone please tell me where the weekend went!?

Tonight my boyfriend & I went to see the movie No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman.


I was a little worried that the movie would be too cheesy and that the funniest parts would be the parts they already showed in the trailers. However, this movie exceeded my expectations! It was adorable, funny and kept me entertained the entire time (which says a lot considering I get bored quite easily!). I really loved the movie and would recommend it to anyone looking for a laugh!

I realize that eating popcorn, chocolate, candy and soda has become part of the whole movie experience. I don't think ANYONE in the theater didn't have an item from the concession stand in their hand. While I don't recommend eating while watching a movie, or eating with any distractions for that matter (check out my post on Intuitive Eating), I can understand how it can be hard for someone to resist the temptation when they smell buttery popcorn and see everyone else munching away. That is why I think its so important to bring your own snacks to the movies!

So, here are some of my suggestions for healthier movie munchies:
-Trail mix with raw nuts, dried fruit and even dark chocolate chips
-Veggie sticks like celery and baby carrots (they have the perfect crunch!)
-Fruit salad
-Fat-free/low-fat air-popped pop corn
-Whole wheat or sour dough pretzels
-Baked pita chips or whole grain crackers
-All-natural granola bars, lara bars, kind bars, etc.
-Dark chocolate (Green & Blacks organic dark chocolate is my favorite)

What is your favorite movie snack?

Have you seen any good movies lately? I still haven't seen Black Swan!!

xoxo Tina

5 comments:

  1. Good post, movie theater popcorn is sooooooooo bad for you... I usually bring in grapes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beautiful!!!

    Oh I know it is SO tempting when you walk in the movie theater and smell the popcorn, actually that is one of my fave smells, I love it, and I love the smell of gasoline, lol! Im a weird one ; )

    I ALWAYS bring my own snacks, sometimes a snack bag of soy crisps, pirates booty, or a luna or kind bar, but I never buy concession stuff, now Mike on the other hand gets suckered into the popcorn, he cant resisit! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh glad you posted about that movie. i, too, get very bored with movies (especially cheesy ones), so i wasn't planning on renting it...i think i will now. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm all about bringing snacks. thats why I have a big purse, haha. Trail mix and grapes are my favorite.
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time! My mom has always been health conscious (thank goodness!) so growing up I never had anything in theaters except maybe once a year. I was probably 7 the last time I did have something, its just not important to me to be eating while watching the movie. I can see though if someone grew up having food at every movie it would be a hard habit to break.

    ReplyDelete