Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pure Bar Review

Happy Sunday Friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Eating healthy on the go can be difficult at times, but with a little planning, it can be done! Packaged granola bars and "health food bars" are usually filled with sugars, artificial ingredients and additives. When l look for a bar I always look at the ingredients first. I check for the following things:

1. Can I pronounce all the ingredients?
2. Are these ingredients things I can find in my pantry?
3. Does this product contain sugar, and how much?


Buyer beware: Be very weary when a product makes a health claim like "low fat," "low sugar," "whole grains," etc. These claims are are used as a marketing tool do catch the consumer's eye. If a product is low fat that usually just means they added more sugar or chemicals to compensate.


Pure Bars are one of my favorite snacks to go. I have to say, I actually prefer them to every one's beloved Larabars.

My favorite flavor is their Chocolate Brownie (of course):


Yes, I need a manicure. Yes, I have the world's tiniest hands. (ring size 4).



Pieces of walnuts? Yes please!!


Ingredients: Organic dates, organic walnuts, organic agave nectar, organic almonds, organic cashews, organic brown rice protein, organic cocoa.
I love this bar because not only does it taste delicious, but it is made from all organic, all natural ingredients. All of these ingredients are items I have in my pantry and I could make a home-made version of this if I wanted to.

I don't eat these bars daily, but they are great for busy days when I need to keep a snack in my purse.

Have you tried Pure bars before?

Do you prefer Pure bars or Lara Bars?

xoxo Tina

5 comments:

  1. I love pure bars too! I have a bunch of them, I won a box in a giveaway, they are yummy! I love a short ingredient list and knowing what the ingredients are, thats why I love these bars! Well Pure speaks for itself with the name ; )

    Happy Sunday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both lara and pure bars! My favorite pure bar is Cherry Cashew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had these before-I'm a LARA girl...but i'll have to try these ones out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried Pure, but I am a big fan of the Lara bar..yummy!

    ReplyDelete