Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow & Smoothies

Hello loves! I am snowed in yet again!





This is the view from our backyard. My poor boyfriend spent almost an hour trying to shovel his car out so he could drive to work. I was not happy about him driving because of how dangerous the roads are, but he said once he hit the main roads/highway it was clear.

I however am stuck home! I had to cancel a few appointments and will be coaching the rest of my clients via skype today. Days like today makes me appreciate the fact that the majority of the work I do is out of our apartment.

Here was my yummy breakfast:




Snowed in Smoothie:
-Sun warrior Protein (chocolate)
-Pro greens superfood powder
-1/2 cup unsweetened Hemp Milk
-1 tsp ground Flax seeds
-1 tsp raw cacao powder
-Ice, ice baby

Health Tip: GLA (gamma linolenic acid) is an omega-6 fatty acid which is found in evening primose, borage and black currant seed oils. According to research, GLA is said to activate the metabolism of brown fat, which naturally increases your body's ability to burn fat. In addition, GLA can help prevent dry skin and help with PMS.

My skin tends to get very dry in the winter and since I've started taking GLA I've noticed a big difference!

How do you protect your skin in the winter?

Is anyone else secretly excited for Jersey Shore tonight? ;)

xoxo Tina

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh that stinks about the snow! I feel bad for your man not being able to have a snow day : p

    I take an omega 3 6 9 everyday and it might have GLA in it , Im not sure!

    Hope you have a great day girl ; ) fun to be snowed in : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. that snow just keeps coming down on u guys huh!! sheesh!

    i use a lot of flax oil for my skin and also up my intake of omega 3's. and lots of lip chap on hand for my lips..they get really cracked in the winter.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete